Thursday, March 6, 2014

Pizzas

Tonight Heidi and I had to make a quick stop at the grocery store on the way back home from town. I have been slacking on my menu planning/grocery shopping so it was a last minute "what do you want for dinner" question to Heidi and she suggested we make a pizza. Perfect - that is what we will do! We headed to the store to grab our items to make our pizza!

I told Heidi we needed dough, sauce, and cheese. We sat in traffic for a bit, so about 30 minutes later when we got to the store Heidi states, "ok mom, we need dough, sauce, and cheese". I was amazed that she remembered exactly what we needed for our pizza. I should not have been too surprised because she remembers just about everything.

Heidi grabbed the basket and then we headed towards the isles we needed. I might have ruined our grocery shopping trip because I grabbed the sauce first. I could not help it - it was the first item we came to....




I did not get any pictures of Heidi actually making our pizza, but it was delicious and we all enjoyed it. So much that there are not any leftovers.

On a non pizza note I am working very hard to give up sweets. When we moved and rented our house out I started drinking Coke, which is super strange because I only drink water and occasionally a sweet tea. For over a month I would have  Coke a day, one day I even had three. I went from not being able to finish one can of Coke to chugging one at 3AM. It was getting bad, so for a month I have been Coke free - yay! Now I need to give up sweets and this one is going to be much harder. The best solution is not to even keep any in the house. If they are in the house I must eat them. All of them. So, I have been trying hard and failing. I gave them up for Lent because it is something I want to give up and then realized that, while I was eating a couple of cookies, Lent began yesterday. So there, that is my confession. I ate cookies and I might even go get another one. And no, I am not Catholic, just usually give up something better for Lent.

Say a prayer for me to kick the sweet habit - it really needs to go....

No comments:

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved