Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day

Soo...we celebrated John as well as Heidi on Sunday. The two must go hand in hand because you cannot have one without the other, so very fitting that Heidi was born around Father's Day. I have to tell you all a secret - obviously the secret will not get out by only the handful that are reading this blog, but I trust you :) John is the best daddy to our children in the world. There - it is out there. Seriously, he loves our children almost as much as I do and they love him right back. I love that John took a career change and potential pay cut in order to spend time with the people that matter to him the most.





John and I have been together for 12 years and to watch him grow into such an amazing father and provider is an absolute joy and honor. I am so thankful that we have had such a beautiful and rocky path to get us to where we are so far in our lives. I am thankful that Heidi is going to learn early on how a woman should be treated by watching how her daddy treats me and how he treats her. I am thankful that Harrison is going to know, by his dad's example how to treat a lady and how to be a true man of God.

Also of note - my dad. Thankful to have a dad that dotes on his children more than any father I know. I have never met a father who is more proud of all his children, children-in-laws, and grandchildren than my dad. Sorry if you come in contact with him because you will learn how amazing we all are - ha! You will also learn some interesting saying like "smaller than a gnat's behind".


Here is to many more Father's Days to celebrate!

No comments:

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved