Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Concert, Playdate, & a Wedding

This weekend was crazy busy for me and the kiddos. So hectic that I am still trying to recover. Wednesday night the kids, my mom and I left for Atlanta to stay with my brother and his family. I had tons of intended plans and I was determined to make it all happen. My original purpose for going to Atlanta for the weekend was for a concert and it coincided with a wedding in Nashville - great timing to bundle it in one road trip!






Several months ago I planned to attend The Package Tour with Christine and Stacy. If you are not familiar it was compiled of Boys II Men, 98 Degrees, and NKOTB. Sounds amazing, right? Yep - it was! I have never seen the movie Magic Mike and I really do not intend to, but I have heard that there was a close comparison to this concert with the movie. Hmm....maybe I should check out the movie after all. I did not even realize this, but I had not seen Stacy and Christine in about 3 years. Not since Harper's 1st birthday shortly after Heidi was born. It did not seem like it had been that long once I was with them. A few other ladies were there as well and we all met up before the concert at the CNN building next door.

**side note**

I have to tell you the thoughts in my head before I left for the concert. I had this horrible feeling I was going to be attacked or something. My anxiety was getting the best of me. There were two scenes playing in my head. The first is where I was held at gun point and the second was where I fought back saying, "you picked the wrong WASP to mess with".

The WASP line comes from a movie that for the life of me I cannot remember. If you do remember please comment below.

If you do not know what WASP stands for - google it.

Back to the story.

We headed into the concert and Boys II Men were first - love! Who does not remember slow dancing arms length apart to their songs? Seriously - middle school dances anyone? High school too most likely. Next was 98 Degrees. I could not remember many of their songs only a couple, but it was fun to watch them. They seemed to be having fun performing.







Then...


NKOTB - yay! I saw them in 2009 and they were great then, but even better this time! Donnie seems to have taken on more of the lead role with getting things going. I really like their new songs too. I will not bore you with all of the great details about singing with thousands of other women who were letting loose as well. There is one small {rather large detail} I would love to share with you. At some point Donnie was singing microphones length away from a fan. Literally the only thing separating their lips was the microphone.

Then it happens.

The microphone drops and they are kissing - like really kissing.

My jaw dropped.

Then I died.

I looked at my friends and they had the same jaw dropped doe eyed expression. I could not even tell you what happened the next little bit because I still could not believed what I was just witness to. Of course the next thing to do was obvious - google and see if Donnie was still married.

He's not. Divorced.

The rest of the concert was amazing and I made it home safely without being held at gun point or having to use the WASP term.

Friday the kids and I had a play date at my friend Katie's house with her hubby and kiddos. Once again, I didn't even realize that I had not seen Katie since a couple of weeks after Heidi was born. Katie and I have babies all within a few months of each other Frances was born in February of 2010 and Walt was born in March. The girls had a fun time playing, Harrison slept, and Katie and I chatted. Matt made us PBJ sandwiches :) It was nice to finally get the girls together and to spend some time with Katie.

Heidi painted while there and they ran around in the backyard. The girls also made soup for us and cut up lots of yummy veggies and sushi!




After the playdate we headed to the pool in my brother's neighborhood where I got to chat with my cousin Julie and watch all of the kids swim in the pool.

 

Saturday my mom, the kids and I left towards Nashville for Melissa's wedding.  Oh goodness, what a trip. Heidi had to literally stop 7 times I think. I lost count. There was one stop that actually became three stops and a wait. We stopped to use the bathroom and it was out of order, so we went across the street and it was not a public restroom, the last place had a sign that said they would be back in 5 minutes. Such an ordeal. Harrison was great, unless he had a dirty diaper or was hungry, but that is normal for anyone.

We made it to the hotel and then we got ready. Luckily we entered to the central time zone which gave us an  extra hour to get there - so I thought. When I booked the hotel I was told it was only about 30 minutes away. Nope, it was an hour away. The wedding started at 6PM and GPS said I would be there at 6:30PM.

So upset.

What you do not know is when GPS puts an estimated time I take it as a challenge and try to beat it. I did, I beat it by 15 minutes - yay me! Still running late, or so I thought. The kids and I arrived and surprisingly enough they were not going to walk out until 6:22 {the date was 6/22} and we made it on time - with time to spare!




Everything was beautiful - country chic like I had never seen pulled off before. All except when three year old announces she had to poop during the ceremony. No one heard though, we were standing in the grass way behind everyone for that purpose. So we did our thing and then walked back to the ceremony {of course on the way back Heidi became excited about the pool and I had to explain to her that we would not be swimming}.


After the ceremony I was able to finally see Amanda {sorority sister whom shares a birthday with yours truly} and she was able to help me with my little munchkins. I tell you for some reason I envisioned going to this wedding to be a breeze alone with two little ones. A little over zealous I will admit. Hey, whatever, right? If it had not been for Amanda being there I might have passed out, but she was such a help by holding Harrison while he fell asleep on her so I could tend to Heidi. Melissa {the beautiful bride} was glowing and everything was perfect. I was sitting at the VSU table with Amanda, her hubby, and a few of the softball ladies that played with Melissa. The only incident was when Heidi fell out of the folding chair and bumped her head, but we made it through that and moved on to dinner.

Dinner was served family style. So neat for a wedding! Large serving bowls and everyone served themselves at their table - loved it! It was really yummy too! Of course I kept building up the wedding came to Heidi so even though we were out way passed all of our bedtimes we waited to have some delicious cake - and then we were off!





Harrison screamed all the way back and Heidi silently played on my phone. I almost hit a deer, but we all came out alive and well with no dents or bruises.

It was such a great weekend and time to see so many close friends that I had not literally seen in ages. Did this once social butterfly become a hermit? I would have to say yes because we were invited to go to a party and asked to dress in a "hipster" theme and I had to ask and google what that meant.

Sunday we woke up and prepared for a long journey back home. We took a few stops, but nothing like how it was on the way up. By the end of the journey I thought we were never going to make it home.

One little creature did make it to his final resting place on this trip though.

It happened to me for the very first time.

I hit an armadillo.

I saw him at the last minute and I had him straddled in the middle, but then he did it.

He ran right into the wheel.

Why? Why little armadillo did you have to do that?

I thought I was going to throw up. My mom said not to in her van.

But, we made it {expect the poor little armadillo} and we get to do it again next weekend - yay!

For now I will leave you with this little gem - you're welcome.



6 comments:

Candence said...

OMG! After Donnie kissed that woman I immediately picked up my phone and googled to see if he was married too! BUT what if that woman was married?! I mean what do you do in that situation? Beg for forgiveness later? Haha!

Stacy said...

Love it!!
I most certainly would have kissed him - No reservations at all.
Afterwards I might feel a little guilty... but only a little.

;-)

See you next month!!

Anonymous said...

Kimberly,

It means so much to me that you, Heidi, and Harrison came to our wedding. I can't imagine how difficut this journy was and I will never forget it! I am so thankful to have friends like you and Amanda.
Would have been funny to hear Heidi during the ceremony :)
Poor, poor amirillo...

Best wishes to you,

Melissa

Amanda said...

I was relishing in my Harrison time! It seems so long ago that Turner was that age, and he is only 13 months old! I was happy to help. It really was icing on the cake! Heidi and Harrison are so precious! Love you!

Amanda said...

OK, so this is attempt number 2 at a comment. I couldn't proved that I'm not a robot by typing to two words correctly! Oh, well!

I'm so glad I got to see you, even though it was a little hectic and crazy. I plan to get down toward you sometime soon. I'm hoping RB has a work trip that direction soon.

Heidi and Harrison are just precious. I relished in Harrison and all is baby goodness. I could have snuggled with him all night! It seems like forever ago that Turner was that age, and he is only 13 months old.

Carrie Beth said...

Sounds like an awesome time! : ) OMG. I wish I'd gone to that concert. And I wish I had sat on the front row so I could lock lips with one of the boys. Donnie wouldn't be my first pick, but hey.... who said I have the right to be so picky?!?! :)

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved