Thursday, February 21, 2013

Lyndsey's Birthday

Friday night was dinner and a movie with the girls. Lyndsey was having a milestone birthday this weekend and we wanted to celebrate! Originally there were going to be about 7 or 8 of us, including her twin sister, but it ended up being just Holly, Lyndsey, and myself.

We met up at Mellow Mushroom {I got there about 30 minutes early in order to get us a table because this place is seriously hopping} and I wanted to make sure we would be able to eat in plenty of time to make the movie. The timing could not have been more perfect and by a few minutes before 7PM we were at our table ordering. This was my first visit to the Mellow in Pooler, but it certainly will not be my last. John and I usually venture to the Mellow downtown, but most of the time it is before we head to an event in that area.


Dinner was yummy, of course, but who goes to the girls outings for the food? Well, unless you are a hungry hippo pregnant lady, you go for the adult/ladies time. It was like one of our "Ladies Who Lunch" but at dinner time - which is very rare. Between the 3 of us we have almost 8 kids 5 and under so life is a little busy for our families.

Everyone needs a friend like my Lyndsey Lou. Someone who will drop everything at a moments notice to help another person out. Lyndsey and I grew up literally a stones throwing distance from each other so we have pretty much known each other our entire lives. My beautiful friend is truly an example of a God-fearing, God-loving woman and there is nothing she would not do for her God, family, and friends. It is amazing how people can give you the best people in your lives {Holly, of course you are included in this part too!!!} when you need them the most. I am not sure how I would have been able to continue on without both of these ladies {several others as well} in my life to pick me up after Hudson and pray for my sanity and during both pregnancies afterwards. My weekly lunches with Lyndsey, Holly, and April {with a few other people thrown in the mix sometimes} are truly times I treasure.


After dinner we headed to a movie, but it ended up only being Lyndsey and me so we had a little date night. I am pretty sure it will be our last movie date because I am clearly the worst person in the world to take to a movie. I have this really fun game where I like to guess what is going to happen next or tell what the plot of the story is going to be. We went to see Safe Haven and coincidentally I had heard on the radio a few reviews of the movie and it was compared to a modern day Sleeping with the Enemy. It did have a few similarities, but a lot of twists that I was able to figure out beforehand. The thing about my game is that it isn't as much fun if you know what is going to happen, but do not share your thoughts because then know one will know the amazing gift you have at figuring out the plot. So of course I kept telling Lyndsey was what going to happen next or who was what in the movie. I'm sure it made her love the movie even more - ha! I guess we will know for sure if she invites me to another movie or not.

The movie was great, and it has seriously been over 4 years since I have seen a movie in a theater. The last one I saw was Bolt when I took my nephew and niece in December of 2008. Yes, I know, random that I can pinpoint the timeline of when I went to a move last. I promise I am not crazy.

No comments:

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved