Friday, October 16, 2009

Test & Baby #2

This morning I woke up and thought, hmm...yes, it's early, but maybe I'll take a pregnancy test just for giggles. I am only 11 DPO and it's only CD25, but I am impatient. At the time we haven't been trying with timing or anything - just letting things happen naturally. I took the test and then looked at it for a little thinking, hmm, there is a faint little line there, but maybe it's just my eyes. I got into the shower and sat in the tub like I normally do - letting the warm water fall onto me while I prayed. I prayed, "Lord, if I am pregnant, if it is my time please let me come home with a baby in my arms, please let me raise this child and keep this one". After showering I went back over to the test and saw it - the faint line was darker!! I immediately opened the door and yelled at John (I yelled because he was soundly asleep) and woke him up saying, "I think I'm pregnant, I don't know for sure, but I think we're having another baby!". He smiled and said, "really?" and then went back to sleep. Oh, I did turn on the light and make him look at the test as well.


First things first - I called Dr. Odom and let them know. Karen, the receptionist, asked me to come in for a blood test. I admitted I was very nervous because we were not supposed to start trying until next cycle. Karen said it was okay and Dr. Odom would be thrilled! I drove to the hospital to give blood for the test and then came back to work. In the afternoon the dr's office called and gave me the results of the blood pregnancy test. It's official! We are having another baby! My quantitative levels were at 64, estrogen was at 358 and prog was at 39. All levels were excellent and high for someone only at CD25.



As I sit and type this post (knowing I am not going to publish it until we are ready to start telling the news) I wonder how my anxiety is going to be. I am 3 weeks and 4 days pregnant - so only 36 weeks and 3 days to go! It is perfect timing - celebrating the life of Hudson just yesterday with the balloon release and now to find out we are being blessed with another little one. John and I had decided that we weren't going to try, we were just going to let things happen in God's timing. We know that this is what is supposed to happen and we can only pray.


No comments:

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved