Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Children & Angels

When our little Hudson died we received numerous cards, gifts, donations, and so much love and support from friends and family. We also received a few cards from some people we have never met. One in particular was from a woman that lives in South Carolina. The woman had seen Hudson's obituary and wrote us a little note. Included with her kind note she sent a little track about losing a loved one. The track was Biblically based and was very nice of her to send.
Well, of course I sent her a thank you note - its what I do. In the note I put the words that "although we do not know the scientific answers to our questions we do know that God has a reason for why he took our dear Hudson". That phrase must have sparked something in her because about a week ago John and I received another letter (in a large manila envelope) from the same woman, this time with a weekly Watchtower enclosed. If you are unaware of what a Watchtower is, it is the track (pamphlets) that those that are Jehovah's Witnesses use in addition to their Bible studies. I may have the exact usage wrong, but I know they are used by that particular religion. I myself am a Christian and have never used or seen the Watchtower. Do not get me wrong I am not speaking ill of that religion or way they study or interpret the Bible.

The woman had a particular article for me to read entitled "Does God Take Children to Become Angels in Heaven?". It goes on to state that God does not take our children to become angels, but that children are a gift from God and He would not take them away from us. Continuing the article states the "Bible promises that God will resurrect countless millions in a paradise right here on earth". Maybe its just me, but I prefer to think of my little one already hanging out with God and playing with the other children that have gone too soon. I know that his body is still there, but his soul is not. Why would I want to just picture my child's lifeless body in his grave? That's not what gets me through the day. I prefer my own way - even if it may or may not be the way that it is. Whatever gives me comfort and gets me through the day is what I need to think about.
I am thankful there are people out there thinking about John, our little Hudson, and myself and praying that we are healing. I am thankful that there are strangers out there thinking and praying for us. I am thankful that I believe my little boy is an angel watching over me and having a fun time playing with the babies that have also gone to Heaven - and that he is waiting for me up there.

No comments:

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved