Wednesday, January 18, 2012

ER Trip

We had quite the scare today. Heidi was with me at work for a little while today and we were having a great time! She helped me with pictures and fixing keys and all my duties. At some point she must have grabbed some keys on my desk and went running and tripped. I heard a silence then a scream. I ran over to her thinking she just fell and I wanted to quiet her down because there were customers in the office. I ran her into the back room and then saw blood on my shirt and looked at her face and it was coming out of eye eye area. I freaked out. I grabbed my purse and ran to the car. Once we got to the car I could not find my keys anywhere. I was trying desperately thinking my child was about to lose her eye. All I could think about was the detailer in the back who is blind in one of his eyes because he was hit by something by his brother when he was three years old.
I had to run back into work to find my keys, found them, then ran back to the car. I strapped Heidi in her carseat and we were off to the hospital. All the while everyone is watching me frantically run around not knowing what is going on. I really didn't care to tell anyone - the thought never even crossed my mind. I just knew I needed to get Heidi to a doctor and quickly.

I called her pediatrician and they said to go to the ER. I called John and asked where he was and told him to meet me at the ER ASAP. I don't know how I made it to the ER. My blood sugar was so low I was about to throw up and pass out. I was hyperventilating and never thought I would make it. I called John back a 2nd time and asked him to bring me a coke because I was about to pass out.

We made it to the ER and by this time Heidi was calm. On the way there I was sticking my hand over her "good eye" and asking her if she could see me. Apparently it was hilarious.

We waited in the ER forever and basically all was okay. Just needed a little saline to clean the blood out and it seemed to be just a cut on the upper lid. Thank goodness...

No comments:

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved