Tuesday, April 5, 2011

DWTS

I guess this post should really called be DWD - Dancing with Derek from DWTS, but oh well! Maybe I should start from the beginning. I never win anything - never ever. The Tanger outlet in Hilton Head planned a re-Grand Opening and had a contest in which you submitted an application to win a dance with Derek Hough from DWTS. Everyday I would hear the radio advertisement and so finally I thought - what the heck. I submitted an application the night before we left for Atlanta and forgot all about it. I didn't even tell anyone I sent the application. Tuesday an e-mail pops into my inbox congratulating me for being one of 22 total winners. WHAT? I instantly became a little embarrassed. I called John and told him and he laughed. I decided to go ahead and do it; if anything it would be a photo-op and a blog topic, right?





Thursday morning came and my parents came with me to watch Heidi at the event. We did a little shopping and then it was my dancing debut :) There were 15 of us ladies ranging from 18-60 that were to dance. We were put into groups of 3 and he taught each of us a little salsa or cha-cha. My group was a salsa. It was fun and not embarrassing at all! Now all I need to do is become famous and get on DWTS for real...send this blog to everyone you know and I can become "Kimberly the blogging celebrity" HA!


By the way - the can go on my Bucket List post as learning a basic technique in ballroom dancing, right??

2 comments:

tomandcheryl said...

Oh my gosh! That is pretty cool! I am glad you are back to blogging. Love playing catch up with what has been going on with your sweet little family.
~Cheryl

Carly said...

That is awesome! Looks like a lot of fun!

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved