Heidi, today you are 8 months old!
What all have you been up to?
- You are wearing 6-12 month, 9 month, and occasionally 6 month clothes.
- You are still breastfeeding, you hate jarred baby food and you love "real" food. Peas seem to be a big favorite :)
- Naps are still sporadic ranging from 30 minutes to 2 hours. Night time is still a bit of a hard time and you like to snuggle up with mama or wake daddy you pulling something on his face. We are still working on getting you back into your crib, but I know you will get back into your room when the time is right for you.
- Riding in the car is much better. I cannot remember the last time you screamed your head off. Hopefully I am not jinxing myself. You love to play with your toy keys or cell phone while we're on a trip.
- Anytime we have food you want it and stare at it longingly.
- You love to suck on mama's tummy and blow raspberries on it. I think you want to put everything you see or touch in your mouth. I remember how your hands were constantly in your mouth and now its everything you touch goes straight into your mouth!
- You are crawling everywhere and pulling up on everything - you are constantly on the move trying to grab something or on some sort of adventure.
- You are trying to let go and stand without holding onto anything. I think in about a month you will be standing on your own. You love to walk around the ottoman or from toy to toy when they are side by side.
- You love to say "blah, blah, blah" and "mama" which sometimes sounds like "mum".
- You are such a happy baby and you have the prettiest smiles I have ever seen. You smile with your eyes, mouth, and whole body. When you laugh you have started snorting a little.
- Your hair is getting so much thicker and its a light brown/blonde color with a good texture.
- Your eyes are the more gorgeous shade of blue. You know how people photoshop babies eyes to be so boldly blue? Well, yours are like that naturally - I love it!!