Saturday, January 8, 2011

Swan Lake

I was able to see Swan Lake performed by the Russian Ballet! It was amazing! I adore ballet and everything about it. When I watch performances like this it makes me miss performing on that level so much. I know that I was such a good dancer - never on the level as the principle dancers, but I could have been a flower or swan or something :)

You must check out these videos. Both are my favorite parts of this ballet. The first is the Pas de Quatre (the four swans). SO much talent. Not only being able to dance, but dancing in sync while linking arms. The second is from part of the black swan dance. 32 Fouettes - that's all I have to say. I do believe that on this particular video she does about 27, but regardless...amazing. These videos are ones I found on youtube, not from the performance I attended.



 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved