Tuesday, February 16, 2010

365 - Day 3

I am sort of a hoarder. Not like on the A&E TV show, but I save EVERYTHING. I am trying my hardest to throw things out. Some days it is easy, but most days it's not. I have 2 boxes in our garage of just junk. Literally - I could throw those boxes out and not miss a single thing in them. I don't know why it's so hard. I have given myself until June 1st to get rid of all of the unnecessary items in my life. I have longed to be on of those people who could just pack a suitcase and move without any other belongings to worry about - alas, that is not me. I have scrapbooks, pictures, special mementos....so much stuff I have personified. Today's picture is an example of how I do not throw things away. It's my favorite pair of tennis shoes. Literally - I LOVE them. I have had them since about 2003 and I wear them at least 4 times a week. John hates them and tells me how scruffy they look all the time, but me I just want to wear them constantly. They should have fallen apart by now and I have no idea why they are still wearable. I told John that even if we were to win the lottery I would never throw these shoes out.

2 comments:

Malory said...

I say keep your shoes! lol They sure do look comfy!

Maybe u could give yourself those shoes to keep but have to make sure u get rid of all the other non essential items??

Ruth said...

I'm liking the idea of Project 365 already - what a good way to document life. Thanks for sharing!

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved