Sunday, May 17, 2009

Brian & Casey's Wedding

This weekend John and I headed up to Macon for Brian and Casey's wedding. I have known Brian since the first week of college freshman year and we met Casey later in college. John and Brian are fraternity brothers. We left Saturday afternoon and stayed at the La Quinta where the rest of the group (friends, family, wedding party) were staying. On the way there I found a coupon for a $59 rate (walk-ins only) and that beat our $100 rate!! So, being the little thrifter I am we "walked-in" asked if they had any rooms available and viola - we saved 50 bucks!

I took a shower to get ready and John went ahead to start hanging out with all the boys. The whole way there (when we were about 50 miles away) it rained, so the wedding that was supposed to be outside was moved inside. It was still very pretty and its lucky when it rains on your wedding day! After the ceremony we went to the reception room - it was all at the country club and grabbed seats while we waited for the bride and groom to take their pictures.


John and I always have such a good time hanging out with all of our friends from college - we definitely miss all of them. The boys like to let lose and get a little rowdy, but I guess that is their escape and they have a chance to relive their college days - even though it catches up with them in the mornings! After the reception we went back to the hotel and we were supposed to head to the "after party". I declined and went to bed, John however, went to hang out with everyone. Later at hmm...around 5AM John's phone rang and a friend of ours ran out of gas on the interstate. I went to go get him - 30 miles there and 30 miles back...poor guy. Luckily we had an extra bed on our room (due to the room rate rules) and we let our stranded friend stay in the room with us.


In the morning we went to eat and then headed back home - when we got home I crashed and slept for about 3 hours. Last night towards the end of the night I started thinking that this would have been Hudson's first time away from his parents for a night. We had planned awhile back that my mom would either go with us or we would just got for the wedding and come straight back. I started imagining that I would have to pump while we were in the hotel room because Hudson would have needed a feeding time...its strange how events like that I still think about what I feel like should be happening.

No comments:

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved