Saturday, September 1, 2007

Phillips Family Reunion

This weekend we went to Colquitt, GA for a Phillips' family reunion. This is family on my maternal grandmother's side of the family. We stayed in Bainbridge with my Great Aunt Sara. She lives on a little row of houses where my Great Aunt Wilkin lives as well as Great Aunt Jeanne and Great Uncle Eugene. My Aunt Babs, cousins Paul, Jenifer, and Charlotte stayed with Aunt Wilkin and we also got to see my cousins Chip, Rhonda and their children (my age) Jennifer and Edward.

Each family that came to reunion had to bring a dish that would be large enough to feed their family. Mom made a HUGE pot of delicious green beans. There were so many wonderful things to eat there!!

This weekend we had one of the many "Danny-isms"* :

"with all those women bringing in their home-cooked recipes we're gonna have some good groceries"

The term "good groceries" was heard over and over....

*Danny is my dad and he has some of the most "country sayings" you will ever hear...and he will repeat them over and over and over for all of eternity.

No comments:

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved