Saturday, August 20, 2016

Missed a Week!

Posting our meal plan from this week - but also our meal from last Friday. It was delicious! Know what's even better? It was a crockpot meal. I do love a good meal from the crockpot. I'm not always in love with the crockpot meals because you can taste that it was sitting all day, but this one was a score for the whole family!

Friday - Taco Chicken Bowls :) DELICIOUS!!! This recipe I found on Budget Bytes.

Saturday - WELL, I had a meal planned and I was just feeling blah about it so we went out to eat. Then we had ice cream afterwards :)

Monday - we had Roast/potatoes/carrots in the crockpot. This one is super simple, just add those food items, water {to cover the food} and a packet of lipton onion soup mix. Set it on low for the day and you will come home to a yummy aroma of delicious smelling food! Even better? The parents cooked so I didn't even have to worry about doing the crockpot!

Tuesday - life group at our house where we all bring themed food. This week was a potato bar. I made baked potatoes and then grilled cheese sandwiches for the kiddos. I literally just started eating baked potatoes about a year ago. Still not a fan of mashed potatoes, but I am loving the baked potatoes.

Wednesday - Kids choice day! This helps with giving me an idea about dinner AND its something they are guaranteed to love and eat! They chose spaghetti.

Thursday - Dinner did not go as planned. I had a chicken pot pie turnover meal planned, but it was taking too long and I had somewhere to be, so leftover spaghetti was for dinner!

Friday - Parmesan baked pork chops. We have had this one before and its always good. I also added butter beans and rice for the sides. Recipe below :) I originally found this one on Just A Pinch.

Taco Chicken Bowls

1&1/2 lbs chicken breasts
1 {16 oz jar} salsa
1 {15 oz} can black beans, drained {typing this I just realized I did not drain mine}
8 oz frozen corn
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tbsp cumin
1/2 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp salt
cracked pepper {to taste}
cooked rice
cheese
toppings

- Add everything {minus the rice, cheese, and toppings} to the slow cooker and then add about 1/4 cup of water. Mix it all together making sure the chicken is covered in the mixture.
- Turn slow cooker on for 8 hrs. This is key because I totally forgot to turn mine on after an hour - opps!
- After it is finished carefully remove the lid of the slow cooker. Stir with a fork to shred the chicken. Build the taco bowls by placing the rice on the bottom, then the taco chicken mix, shredded cheese and toppings

Parmesan Baked Pork Chops

4 boneless pork chops
1 tbsp olive oil
1 c parmesan cheese
1 c Italian bread crumbs {I didn't have any so I just used regular crumbs and Italian seasoning}
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder

In a bowl combine the last 4 ingredients. Rub the pork chops with olive oil and then dip each one on the dry mixture. Make sure to really coat the pork chop. Press the mixture over the pork chops to make sure they are well covered. Line a pan with tin foil and spray with cooking spay {I think I forgot to spray, but it turned out fine!}. Place the pork chops on the pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.




No comments:

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved