Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Back to School Meals

This year I am determined not to have it all together, but at least have a little bit together. Normally I am running around like a frantic squirrel trying to get my stuff together at the last minute. It's really strange because I am such a planner, but it's that whole "it's never going to turn out the perfect way so let's just sit at the procrastination circus" type of mentality. But y'all, maybe it's finally being in the new house {ok, since December} and being able to get things into their place that is helping - maybe.

This summer has flown by, but we've made some amazing memories and really we didn't do much at all. It was relaxing! I am super nervous about Heidi going to "big girl" school and she is equally excited and nervous. With school starting in a couple of days this is normally the time when I think - AH we need a bookbag/clothes/etc!!! Not this year - nope! I have finished school shopping {for both kiddos}, ordered Harrison's Halloween costume, ordered Christmas PJs, and have half of my Christmas shopping finished. The only problem with the being ahead is that I will probably forget where I hide everything when the time comes to use it....

Maybe it is normal for people to be this ahead, but not for me. I definitely think it has a ton to do with our new accounting/budget system which I will post about at a later date - like when both kiddos are in school.

What I really wanted to post about was how our meal was last night. This is the first week of being completely back on our meal planning for the week. I was slack during the summer, but with a new schedule and harder days coming I knew that this year we had to be on top of things. Hopefully I can post about all of our meals and let you know how they fared in our household. I usually go straight to my Pinterest when getting ready to meal plan.

The other thing I have organized is my recipe binder. I had all of these recipes printed without organization. It was my on my list of things to do - in regards to my binder. SO finally I sat and put my binder together and now when I find a good recipe on Pinterest I go ahead and print it and then add it to the binder. This way I can make my notations on the print out of things I did differently in a recipe or if we liked it or not. PLUS, I found it a huge pain trying to use my phone on Pinterest while cooking at the same time. My phone would go into sleep mode and then I would have to find it all over again.

On to last nights meal.

By the way, I am not a great cook. I cook what is simple and easy.

I found a Crescent Burger recipe a few years ago and it has always been a hit - so we had those! Heidi scarfed hers down and Harrison ate his as well. The original link to the recipe is found on Budget Savy Diva. It tastes similar to a Krystal Burger, but better :) As a small side note, we use the same meat mixture without browning the meat to make hamburger patties for the grill. It is so yummy and changes the flavor of just a regular hamburger! I didn't take pictures {edit - I took a picture of a leftover} because I'm not that on top of things - maybe I will tonight for the slow cooker Chicken Parmesan, but don't get your hopes up!

Ingredients:
1/2 pound of ground beef
Worcestershire sauce
1 Egg
1/3 packet of Onion Soup mix {I accidentaly misread this and used a whole packet - it was fine}
1/2 tsp black pepper
2/3 cup of cheddar cheese
1 roll of crescents {the recipe makes enough to where I needed to use 2 rolls - so you get 16 pockets}

Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 375
- Brown meat
- Mix 1/2 cup of cheese, onion soup mix, a few drops of Worcestershire sauce, pepper, browned meat
- Unroll the crescents and place a rounded tablespoon of the meat mixture towards the larger end of the crescent
- Roll until the meat is fully cover, like a little pocket
- Place pockets on parchment lined baking sheet
- Brush tops of dough with an egg wash {whisk egg and 1 tbsp of water}
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of egg wash
- Bake 10-15 minutes


2 comments:

dealmecoupon said...

kohls free shipping mvc


Thanks for sharing this amazing article, it is very informative post good work keep it up

Coupon Outlet said...

its very nice post and also informative thanks for sharing this amazing post.

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved