During this time of saving we have not bought many material items so that has been easy to not add to our stuff and things are getting better with getting rid of items. So, all in all I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I discovered this new way that works for me with my drawers. Currently we are still using a temporary chest of drawers, but this will definitely carry on to when we move and have our old dresser back.
Basically you fold all of your clothes upright so that you can see everything in there and you will not have to dig around for what you are looking for. This has been so helpful and I started this with Heidi's clothes too. Side-note, I showed John my new drawer system and he opened his drawer to see if I did it for him - oops! Maybe next laundry day ;)