Saturday, July 24, 2010

Stroble's Wedding


Saturday we headed to Valdosta for Heidi's 2nd wedding. This time John was able to go with us! The three of us made the trek and stayed with our friends Lexi and Doug. Before leaving we dropped off Hunter at my parent's house to stay for the night. Poor Hunter was so excited to be going on a trip and so sad when his "trip" got cut short. Heidi was so good the whole way! We only had to stop once to feed her - very impressive. Our first stop was to Doug and Lexi's house and then we got ready to go to the wedding.

John, Heidi, and I went up top to sit in the balcony of the church so that way if Heidi became restless, needed food, or anything else we could tend to her without disturbing anyone else or the ceremony. Only once did Heidi wake up so I quickly took her out of the car seat and she only got out one little cry before soothed.
The ceremony was beautiful - more so than most. There are some other details as to why the vows meant so much more when Jonathan and Jenni repeated them. Its not my story to tell. Maybe the Strobles will start a blog and then you can read their story :) There were so many special meanings to all of even the smallest details of their wedding and Jenni made sure to put everything in the program - it was precious! The wedding party was large, which was to be expected from too fabulous people, but of course I am a fan of large wedding parties myself! After the wedding we saw so many of our old college friends - sometimes I think I live for these events so that we can all get together. I really miss those days. Days without major responsibility. Sometimes I wish time could go back; for just one night. Then again I have come so far from who I was back then and I don't know if I would want to take a step back. Sometimes I close my eyes and pick a moment and wish with all my might to go back in time, but then I think about all the people I might not get a chance to "re-meet" or not having Heidi, and not experiencing Hudson.

Back to the wedding. The reception was great and Heidi, being 2 weeks older than the last wedding, did not have to eat as much so I felt like I was able to socialize much more. Of course John would not let his daughter go and was showing her off like the proud daddy he is. I think more girls came up to talk to him while he was carrying a baby than I can remember. I kind of thought that I wouldn't have women hitting on my husband with a baby in his arms - haha! just kidding...they were all just ooing and ahing over Heidi :) The most special moment of the night was during the father-daughter dance. The MC announced at some point during the song for all dads to join with their daughters out on the dance floor. I heard it but did not think anything of it. Then a guy comes up to John and tells him he should go out there and it would be such a great photo op. I immediately said YES you should! Surprisingly, VERY surprisingly John went out there! I was so proud of him and it melted my heart! All of the girls on the side instantly went "aww" and flashes were going wild as the youngest little girl danced her first father-daughter dance. I tear up just thinking about it!
Something that makes me feel super special is meeting people who read my blog. Its still so strange than others like to read what is going on in my crazy head or like to keep up with the mundane events of my life. I really love to meet new people and its so cool that the conversation starts about my blog. The picture below is a new friend I met at the wedding. This is Keri and she was one of Jenni's bridesmaids. Keri introduced herself to me while we were at the guest book table. So, if I don't know you and you are a reader and we happen to be at the same place don't be shy! I would love to meet you!

Sunday we headed home and enjoyed BBQ chicken on the grill with my parents to celebrate my mom and John's birthdays and all of our anniversaries. I think the whole weekend over-stimulated Heidi, but she slept good later on!

No comments:

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved