Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Happy Birthday John


Today was the hubster's birthday. I actually almost forgot about it until a few days earlier when my mom greeted him as "almost birthday boy". I guess I have been just a little sidetracked lately, right? Heidi and I met John up at work (yes, poor thing had to work on his birthday) and we went to lunch at Panera Bread together. Next Heidi and I headed to the mall to go shopping - our first mother/daughter shopping trip! Probably one of the least expensive trips she and I will take :) We also headed to Babies-R-Us to pick up a few other much needed items.


Lastly we headed to the grocery store - I think it had been about a month since we went there. John is not a fan of icing so I thought about a cookie cake, but they were too big for just he and I to eat. I also thought about a regular cake, but too big and too much icing. SO - I bought a tiny little cheesecake. It was delicious. Last year I baked a cookie cake but this year things were a little more hectic. Maybe next year I will be able to bake him something to make it up to him.

No comments:

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved