Thursday, June 3, 2010

36 Week (& 2 day) Update

How Far Along?: 36 weeks

Total Weight Gain?: 27 lbs.

Maternity Clothes?: Yes - most definitely. Is there a clothing for beyond maternity? I had to bring out the "white flag" underwear as John refers to them...

Sleep?: Nope, dreaming all the nightmares I can get. Sweating more than I have ever sweated in my life while John is bundled up in blankets. I never get hot...

Best Moment This Month?: Seeing John paint the nursery :)

Movement?: Yes, of course movements are more subtle which freaks me out, but I am still getting great movement.

Body Changes/Labor Signs?: More contractions!! YAY!! Who cheers for contractions these days? I sure do! I am 1cm dilated - so only 9 more to go!! A little more swelling in my hands and feet by the end of the day and my face is filling in quite nicely, but nothing to worry about. My blood pressure is still cool as a cucumber at 90/68 :)

Belly Button?: It all depends on where she is hanging out. Today someone told me that I still have a few more months to go because my belly button isn't popped out. WRONG!

What I Miss: Being able to read a paragraph out loud in small group without getting breathless...

What I Am Looking Forward To: I think we all know the answer to this one :)

Appointment went well - it would have been better if they were ready to induce me :) I had the strep B test and we will have the results at our next appointment. I am at 1cm dilated - so we know something is going on! John painted the nursery and we are waiting on the furniture to arrive. It should be here the end of next week! I am looking forward to having everything set up and ready. I have washed the sheets, but that is about it. I have a little area with bags ready for me and BG and her clothes laid to the side - that I still need to wash. Maybe that will be a nice weekend project. Yeah right :) For now I just (im)patiently wait for BG to make her appearance. Oh, I am officially finished with the heparin shots and baby aspirin - WAHOO!! Now my bruises will have a chance to heal.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Look great and I'm excited for you. Won't be long now !!!
Keeping you in my prayers.

Caroline

Toni C said...

YAY FOR A HEALING BELLY! I know it must be nice to be done with shots. You looks great! Praying for you, BG, and everyone daily! Love you!

Holly said...

Love the belly shot! and I laughed at the underwear!!

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved