Wednesday, June 30, 2010

2 weeks old!

Heidi - you are two weeks old today! What a two weeks it has been! Your dad and I have been trying hard to learn all of your cues to what you need and we are learning all the things that babies really need. You have been our first of so many things already - and will be the first of so many things to come! We have loved every minute of you being here and we cannot help but stare at you while you sleep. We love to laugh at all of your funny little faces you make while sleeping or just looking around.

The past few days I have been puked on, spit up on, peed on, and pooped on - and loving every minute of it. That is something no one probably thought I would ever say. I can sit here and do all of that without gagging - I never thought that would be possible. We love to kiss on your chubby little cheeks and sometimes your daddy likes to pinch them. You love to eat and your weight gain proves that. You have gained a pound in 8 days! They called you a "little chunk" at the doctor's office! I don't think you are a chunk at all!!

Currently your favorite place to sleep is on mommy or daddy's chest. You instantly awake when we put you in your bassinet. Of course we let you sleep on our chests, but we still try to get you to sleep in your temporary bed. Your dad is an expert at changing your diapers, but I am still having a hard time learning how to get them just right; hence the reason I have been peed and pooped on.

Today was your first photo shoot and you did such a great job! You are going to be such a wonderful model, you already are! Everyone says you look just like your daddy and I am crossing my fingers that your eyes will stay blue and your hair will continue to become wavy (like mine). I love that you were born with such a full head of hair! I knew you would be. Even though I straighten my hair often I love having the option to go curly, so I hope that you will be able to have the same option.

You do not like to be swaddled. You love to have your hands and feet out in the open so you can kick them and grab things in the air. I think you are "hot natured" because you always kick the covers off when we put them over your feet. When you startle you throw your hands up in the air and then slowly bring them down. Sometimes you will throw one hand in front of your face and turn your head sideways with your nose pointed in the air in a "talk to the hand" type of body language.

I am so happy that nursing has worked out - you love to nurse! You get so excited when its time and you make this little grunting sound as your eyes get so big. One night (during the first couple of nights at home) I was nursing you in the middle of the night and I guess after you finished I fell asleep. When I woke up you were nursing - through my tank top. I could not believe that!

Sometimes I want to bottle up these moments in time and save them for when you get older and there is no more cuddle time. We have had such a wonderful first 2 weeks and we cannot wait to see what is in store for the rest of our lives with you!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

She is so beautiful. I love all those little moments and it goes fast so enjoy them. Congrats once again to both of you.

Caroline

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved