Monday, October 6, 2008

Enchanted MAiZE

John has informed me that he has the opportunity to go to Miami for some trip they won for work. He is supposed to go the same weekend that we had planned on going to my sorority function - an event we have been planning to go to for a YEAR! I told him that I would not be mad at him if he took me to see the Enchanted MAiZE. Now, I have been talking about this maize for years - since the summer of 2004 to be exact. Another couple went with John and I to Chattanooga to visit Rock City and all these other little places and I became obsessed with this maize. Unfortunately the maize is only open in the fall - its a corn maize. Every fall since then I have checked my calendar and tried to make a trip to the maize - failing each year. Finally, I was going to have my chance!

We took a weekend trip up there for my birthday, stayed with my brother, shopped, and then went to visit John's family as well. We were in the car all weekend, but it I knew it would be worth it - I was going to the maize! We got there and I was so excited!! We walked around the maize a few times - following the enchanted clues to figure out which way to go. Thinking about it though, how much fun could you really have running around in the dirt through dead corn stalks?


After the tromp through the maize we headed back towards my brother's house and saw a big wine tasting event going on. Of course I made John stop thinking there would be some fun things to do that didn't involve drinking wine. I LOVE wine, but of course I am not able to drink it anymore. They had grape squishing contests and all sorts of events, but we didn't get to do that stuff because I didn't want to pay to get in....oh well, maybe next year!

No comments:

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved