Saturday, July 21, 2007

Today begins a new family

Yes, after 5 years and 10 months of dating we are finally married. No longer are we John and Kimberly "the forever dating couple", but we are Mr. and Mrs. Henninger. The wedding was in my hometown and was exactly how we wanted it. A perfect church wedding followed by a huge celebration with our family and friends. The food was fantastic - chicken, roast beef, mac-n-cheese, green beans, potatoes and the best rolls in the entire universe. As a bread expert I would know - ha! We picked July 21, 2007 because 40 years earlier in 1967 my parents were married. They celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary on our wedding day. I guess my thought was that the way marriages are going these days we might as well get married on a day that seems to have a nice track record so far! My parents definitely gave me the dream wedding I wanted - considering I have been planning my wedding since I was 13 that's pretty awesome.

My whole family was there - minus a few cousins and John's family was there including his family members from Pittsburgh. I know.....I am marrying a Yankee...he's been in the south over 20 years, so I think its ok! I just pray that he and I will have a Godly and happy marriage full of love, kids, and wonderful memories. So many of our friends, John's fraternity brothers, and my sorority sisters were there - it was amazing how many came for our big day. We are truly thankful to have such wonderful people (family and friends) in our lives.

Next we are off to our honeymoon in St. Lucia - this is the one thing that kept us going, knowing that after all the hustle and bustle we would get to go on a fantastic vacation!

No comments:

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved